Nature Walks and Falls Tours
A wide variety of nature walks is on offer !
Walking safaris through the Musi-Ou-Tunya national park and surrounding areas are suitable for active and adventurous participants.
Why walking safaris?
• Any one above 12 years of age can participate.
• Walks are at a leisurely pace so you do not need to be a very athletic person.
• They offer a rare and intimate opportunity to explore and learn about the African bush, its game and birdlife.
• You are not inhibited by motor vehicle sounds from hearing natural sounds, viewing animal tracks, crawling insects,feeling the terrain and plant textures, smells and scents.
• You are guided by experienced and knowledgeable local guides who will show you some of our animals which include giraffes, zebras, wildebeest , warthogs, primates, antelopes, elephants to mention but a few. The bush’s fantastic flora: teaks, mahoganies, mopanes and marula trees which for elephants are a real delicacy are some interesting plants you will find.
• During our mid-walk breaks near the mighty Kasamba Bezi, popularly known as Zambezi River, we will have the chance to observe close up the lazy hippos and the ibis perched on the trees along the river banks.
• For security, an armed scout escort will accompan each tour.
Our tours usually start at 6:00 in the morning and they last a minimum of 3hrs. Depending on the season, noon walks are also possible, from 14:30 to 17:30.
Additional tours are the Falls Tours!